Saturday, September 13, 2008

IN THE TRENCHES

Being a stay home mom is what I have always wanted to be. If you have ever heard Chris and I talk about "our plan" it was to work really hard for five years to enable me to stay home full time (God's plan was eight and that was great!). Now that I have been blessed to be a stay home mom, I find myself in a much different routine. Like not showering, dressing, or looking half way presentable. I am aware of the situation but have not found the ultimate solution. On a very recent trip to town with Chris and the babies he had noticed that I looked a little or a lot different than I had for several days on end. He commented on how nice I looked. I confessed to him that I knew I had lacked in this area this week and he immediately said "IT'S OK YOUR IN THE TRENCHES". I just sat in the car and looked out the window thinking about how that short comment was AWESOME and I needed to hear it!! He totally understood and got what I am going through in this short season of my life.

Not only is Chris an overwhelmingly supportive husband he is a wonderful Dad. Faith and Carter adore him. He has been so involved from day one. Tonight as I cooked dinner Carter and Faith took their bath. It was earlier than usual due to the mask of food they were wearing. Not to mention their hair. While I cooked I could hear abounding amounts of laughter and squeals. Their Daddy was entertaining them with a huge game of shower curtain peek-a-boo. My heart just soared as I could hear all of this. I thought how lucky Carter and Faith are to have a Daddy like Chris. They are the apple of his eye.

Most guys would be afraid of one baby let alone two. Not this Daddy he loads them up and takes them to Lowes, to the Park, or aunt June's house anytime I need a break. It is good for all of us!!

I may be in the trenches but Chris is right there with me and I pray that all this work will be blessed.

post signature

1 comment:

Leslie said...

This is so neat and a great way to keep in touch with you and see your babies. I can't believe how different they look. I love Carter's long, curly hair! I can see his baby face from seeing him as an infant, but Faith is throwing me some curves. I expected her hair and skin to be dark like yours. They are so sweet, and I'm sure, a lot of work. They look happy though and that says a lot about their keeper! Great job Melis! Love you!